As you may already be aware, yesterday our community received advice that a person travelling from Melbourne to the Sunshine Coast had spent time in Moree from Thursday 3rd June to Saturday 5th June, and has since received a positive test result for COVID-19. As of yesterday, the below list of sites/times was announced as locations in which this person attended here in Moree.
- Gwydir Carapark/Motel & Thermal Pools: 4 Amaroo Drive: Thursday 3 June at 1.45 pm. All-day Friday 4 June to Saturday, 5 June at 7.30am
- ASSEF’s Clothing Store, 139-143 Balo Street: Thursday 3 June, 3pm to 3:30pm
- Woolworths Moree from 3.30 pm to 4:30 pm on June 3
- Cafe Omega, 145 Balo Street: Thursday 3 June, 1.30 pm to 4.30pm
- Cafe Omega, 145 Balo Street: Friday 4 June, 7.00 am to 9.30am
- Cafe Omega, 145 Balo Street: Friday 4 June, 11.50 am to 2.00pm
- Amaroo Tavern, Amaroo Drive: Friday 4 June, 4.30 pm to 11.00 pm
NSW Health has advised that if you attended any of the above venues during the dates/times specified, you must immediately get tested and isolate until you receive further information from NSW Health. Anyone who lives in or has visited these areas since June 1st, is asked to be especially vigilant for the onset of the mildest cold-like symptoms and is urged to come forward for testing immediately if they appear, then isolate until a negative result is received.
A drive through testing clinic has been set up today at the Gateway (near Puma) with testing commencing from 9 am. Access is from the Newell Highway onto Blueberry Road, and then follow directions.
Property Excellence will continue to monitor the situation and adjust our COVID safety plan and practices as necessary.